14 February 2021

Stevie G's Swooner Soul Sundae - a brand new mix for Valentine's Day

I am so excited to have a mix by the amazing Stevie G on Swooner -  and what a perfect day for an incredible epic soul mix featuring tonnes of old and new vibes! It's beautiful. 

From Stevie: 

Many years ago I used do a Valentine's mix called the Love mix, basically featuring my fav slow jamz old and new. I was delighted to be asked to do one for Swooner rather than Hater with a similar vibe, and I’ve put together some of my all time favourites, which are very dear to me. These tracks kept me a little sane during the last 12 months, which have been devastating both professionally and personally. I’m sure many of you can empathize; we’ve all been through it! Music provides escape and relief and these tunes are very close to my heart. From slow jams that I grew up with (Anita/Janet/Three Degrees/Carole King), to modern gems (Frank Ocean/Solange/Snoh Aalegra/The Weekend), from old school classics (Stylistics/Stevie Wonder/Chi-Lites/Harold Melvin) to some of my very own personal under the radar weapons (The Originals/The Dells/Bahamdia/Erykah/Mtume), this is a journey into my favourite records of all time! I hope you enjoy the mix as much as I did putting it together

It's absolutely whopper! Thanks Stevie!

If the player does not appear above please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment