30 May 2013

Aufgang live

I've been meaning to post about Aufgang for ages and as they have some new stuff out I thought now is as good a time as ever. Came across them originally as John Talabot remixed one of their tunes, Channel 7. (You can check that piece of awesomeness out here.) Aufgang is Francesco Tristano, Rami Khalifé and Aymeric Westrich and if you are not familiar with them, they play piano and percussion-based, slightly (sometimes very) experimental tunes. It's not for everyone and at times it can tend to get a tiny bit jazzy which usually I am not into, but I think they reign it in with their musical dreamboat-ed-ness. Throw 'em on top of my 'Must See Live' pile.

This is some of their new stuff, recorded in April. It's pretty banging. They get so into it, it's deadly.


If you can't see the above box, click here.

These ones are older and a little more jazzy, but still really awesome:





I've posted about Francesco Tristano and his solo projects here, I'd highly recommend checking it out too. He is playing Celtronic in Derry on Thursday, 27 June 2013, along with Henrik Schwarz. Link below.

I've also posted a podcast Aufgang did for Soundwall, check it out here.

celtronicfestival.com/
infine-music.com/artist/7/aufgang
facebook.com/aufgang.music

Get their latest album here.

No comments:

Post a Comment