10 October 2012

Holy Ghost!'s RBMA Headphone Highlights show


I am all up in Holy Ghost!'s grill at the moment. (Well. Ever since Cosmic Kids remixed their tune 'Hold My Breath' - check it here if you don't know it already, it's amazing.) This is Holy Ghost!'s Red Bull Headphone Highlights - the New York pair talk us through some of the tunes that have influenced them and their sweet disco style. It includes a couple of their edits and some De La Soul and Sister Sledge. And they seem like lovely young fellas. One of them calls that Lenny Williams tune 'a stone cold jam' - which is my new favourite phrase. And they were right. It is:


If you can't see the above box or it's not working, click here.

Tracklist:
1. Hell Dance With Me - Cappucino
2. Seoul Music - Yellow Magic Orchestra
3. I Can See (Holy Ghost! Remix Instrumental) - Jazzanova
4. High On Your Love - Debbie Jacobs
5. Fantasy For Ralph - David Axelrod
6. You Got Me Runnin' (DK Edit) - Lenny Williams
7. The Deep End (Holy Ghost! Dub) - Curses!
8. I Know You I Live You - Rufus & Chaka Khan
9. Stakes Is High - De La Soul
10. Thinking Of You - Sister Sledge

John Talabot also made a Headphone Highlights show, I posted it here, it's awesome as well. It's cool to hear the artists talking about tunes they really like but don't necessarily put in their mixes.

holyghostnyc.com/
rbmaradio.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment